University Honors Program
The University Honors Program strives to provide outstanding educational, social and leadership opportunities for talented and motivated students. We want to help you make the most of your academic experience at UNI!
Some of the benefits of honors participation:
- Access to special honors sections of university courses with small class sizes that allow for discussion and interaction between honors students and faculty.
- Involvement in extra and co-curricular activities that encourage both social interaction and intellectual development.
- Leadership opportunities through the Honors Student Advisory Board (HSAB).
- Recognition of efforts through the notation of individual honors courses on transcripts and the designation of graduation with University Honors or University Honors with Distinction for students who fulfill all honors requirements prior to graduation.
Support the University Honors Program
Alumni and friends can help support the University Honors Program in two ways:
- The Honors Alumni Scholarship was initiated by Matt Bries ('09) with additional leadership gifts by Rakshith Varadaraju ('08) and Tim McCue ('07). As an endowed scholarship, the income on the fund awards $1,600 annually to an active and involved University Honors Program student!
- The Honors & Scholars Opportunities Fund provides flexibility to direct funds to areas where resources might otherwise be limited such as supplies and equipment for student research, travel for students to conferences, and honoraria and travel support to bring national and international experts to UNI.
Alumni & Friends
We provide semi-annual e-newsletter updates featuring information about our current students and faculty as well as alumni profiles. In order to receive a copy of the e-newsletter, please update your contact information and tell us what you have been up to!